Ohio State Fair Public Relations Coordinator (Winter Semester Internship)
Paid, real-world experience
- Current college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors are accepted. Ideal majors include marketing, public relations, communications or journalism.
- Candidates should be organized, self-motivated and reliable.
- Ideal team members will be personable and able to work well both independently and as a part of a group.
- Candidates should respect deadlines, be detail-oriented, conscientious and know how to follow through.
- Students should be calm under pressure and able to interface directly with members of the media, such as reporters and photographers/videographers.
- Experience using software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Superb grammar and writing skills are desired.
The Public Relations Coordinator will report to the marketing and public relations director for this part-time internship located in Columbus, Ohio and will assist with marketing and public relations tasks including but not limited to:
- Coordinate the Fair’s community program, which distributes complimentary tickets to organizations serving those in need
- Assist with marketing efforts, such as reviewing analytics reports to improve ad performance and optimize website content
- Assist with public relations efforts, such as writing and editing
- Assist with marketing initiatives and ad trafficking for multiple media types
- Assist with media reconciliation and billing
- Help coordinate concert ticket giveaways with media partners (such as radio and television outlets)
- Populate the Fair’s website using the WordPress backend content management system
- Complete administrative and clerical tasks as needed such as maintaining databases for ticket distribution, communicating with partner organizations, developing a list of photography needs for the Fair’s photographer, etc.
When you’ll work
- Hours: Part-time TBD during business hours based on class schedule and availability (between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on weekdays, Monday – Friday)
- Start date: TBD based on school schedules; The entire internship cannot exceed 14 weeks.
Does your college or university offer course credit for internships? Your supervisor can complete any necessary paperwork to ensure that you get the credit you deserve.
How to apply
To be considered, please send your résumé to Alicia Shoults, Ohio Expo Center, 717 E. 17th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211 or email@example.com.