Ohio State Fair Social Media Internship
Paid, real-world experience
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 29, 2018
Looking for something else? Other internship opportunities:
- Public Relations Coordinator (apply by Jan. 29)
- Marketing & Media Center Coordinator (apply by Feb. 5)
- Entertainment Marketing Coordinator (apply by Feb. 19)
Social Media Internship – Qualifications
- Students who have prior experience creating social media content for an organization will be first considered.
- Current college juniors, seniors or graduates in the field of public relations, communications, journalism or marketing are preferred.
- Candidates should respect deadlines, be detail-oriented, conscientious and know how to follow through.
- Applicants must have knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style and excellent grammar. Basic graphic design experience is a plus.
The social media intern will report to the Marketing & Public Relations Director and work alongside a team of public relations interns during the summer.
- Create a strategic social media calendar of promotional content, relevant updates and ticket giveaways
- Write unique social media content for the Ohio State Fair’s online presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and WordPress
- Monitor social media sites and respond to inquiries and engage with patrons
- Interact with the Ohio State Fair audience and provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to questions and concerns posted as messages, posts and comments on social media outlets
- Craft basic image designs as needed using Canva or the Adobe suite
- Work with visual communications team to create social media specific designs as needed for contests, special days, activities and more
- Create mini videos for social media use during the Ohio State Fair
- Live tweet at events, concerts and activities during the 12-day Ohio State Fair
- Coordinate and execute an influencer/blogger relations program
- Upload content and manage the backend of the Ohio State Fair’s website
When you’ll work
- Hours: Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm in May, June and July. You will be required to work shifts on Saturdays, July 14 and 21, 2018.
- Start date: TBD based on school schedules; no earlier than May 7. The entire internship cannot exceed 14 weeks.
- Extended hours during the Fair: During the 12 days of the Fair, July 25 – August 5, 2018, extended hours will be required (at least a 12-hour shift each day.) Interns cannot take time off during the Fair.
Does your college or university offer course credit for internships? Your supervisor can complete any necessary paperwork to ensure that you get the credit you deserve.
How to apply
To be considered for the Ohio State Fair social media internship, please send your résumé, one blog post and 10 screenshots/samples of social media posts you have written for an organization (such as work or school club posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) to Alicia Shoults, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ohio Expo Center, 717 E. 17th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211. The deadline for receipt is Monday, January 29, 2018. Interviews will be held in February/March.