The Ohio State Fair is closely monitoring the fluid situation with COVID-19. While the future remains uncertain, it is our hope that the Ohio State Fair will be able to proceed as planned as we near the summer months. Our staff will continue to follow the developments of the pandemic and inform the public of any changes in the future as the health and safety of everyone who visits the Fair is our first priority. Although our office and facility are closed, our staff continues to work remotely and is available to serve you as needed.
Each year, the Ohio State Fair provides nearly a million ways to build your business. In 2019, we had 934,925 visitors and surveys show that 78 percent of our guests visit vendors in our commercial buildings. And thousands stop by booths located on our 400,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit and concession space. What are you waiting for?
To apply for space, download a rental application by clicking below. Do not send money or samples with the application. If you have questions or need further information regarding space rental, please contact Rhonda Lawson firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-466-8346.
- Notice to vendors: Clarification on CBD Oil per Ohio Board of Pharmacy
- 2020 application guidelines
- 2020 Space Rental Application
- 2020 Rental Manual
- Parking/Facility Map (posted at a later date)
Exhibitors and concessionaires from the previous year are usually offered the opportunity to return. New applicants are selected based on uniqueness of products/services, booth design (ability to set a professional and attractive display), application presentation, experience, availability of space and appropriateness of product type for available space. Completing an application does not guarantee space. The application will be held on file until all space is sold. Regardless of the status of the application, applicants are notified as soon as a determination has been made.
Contract and Payment
If you are selected to receive a contract, you will be given two weeks to return the executed contract along with one half of the rental fee. Acceptable methods of payment are, cashiers check, money order, Visa, Discover or MasterCard. Refunds are not given on canceled contracts after June 1. All balances must be paid on or before June 15.
- Camping Information – Please visit ohiostatefair.com/camping for more information. VENDORS ONLY may begin to make their camping reservations by phone at 614-644-4015 on Monday, May 4, 2020. Reservations must be received no later than Friday, May 29, 2020. Reservations can be made Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please be prepared to provide your camper length, model, license plate number, tow vehicle information and electrical requirements when you call. Payment is due at the time you make your reservation.
- Contract Change Form
- 2020 Credit Card Payment Authorization Form
- 2020 Decorating Packet
- Family Value Day Participation Form
- 2020 Haas & Wilkerson Application
- State of Ohio Insurance Certificate Example
- Product and Exhibit Category List
Local Laws, Rules and Regulations:
As guests at the facility and the city, you must follow all local regulations, which are designed primarily to ensure public safety. You are required to comply with all federal, state and municipal laws and administrative rules, including but not limited to those relating to licenses and permits, property protected by copyright, work hours, work conditions, safety standards and payment of wages and taxes.
- Bedding Permit – Navigate to “find forms and publications,” then select industrial compliance, bedding
- Columbus Public Health
- City of Columbus Storm Water
- Fire Marshal Guidelines
- Minor Labor Laws – Navigate to “find forms and publications,” then select industrial compliance, wage and hour – minor labor
- Ohio Consumer Protection Laws
- Ohio Department of Agriculture, Amusement Ride Safety, Concession License
- Register for a Vendor’s License
- Sales Tax (Electronic Filing)
- Tent Permit
2020 Fair Rental Rates
(Rates are for the duration of the Fair unless otherwise noted)
- $50 per linear ft. deposit
- Concessions – 15%
- $11 per linear ft. for ground service fees
Exhibit (Straight Sales)
- Exhibitors (nonfood and beverage):
- Lineup – $130 per front linear ft.
- Centers – $130 per front linear ft. front of long side
- $8 per linear ft. for ground service fees
Indoor Exhibit Space:
With 152,000 square feet of retail space, MarketPlace is the ideal place to promote specialty items, gifts, fashions or the latest in consumer goods and services. MarketPlace visitors shop in air-conditioned comfort, dine at the International Food Court and visit unique, new exhibits located in the building. This modern facility offers you:
Multiple booth sizes:
- 10′ X 10′ – $850
- 10′ X 10′ corner – $900
- 16′ X 10′ – $1,350
- 16′ X 10′ corner – $1,450
- Bulk Space – $4.00 per sq.ft.
- 8′ back drape, 3′ side drapes
- Exhibitor’s lounge
- Excellent location on the main mallway, directly across from the Celeste Center’s 10,200 seat concert facility.
- MarketPlace Floor Plan
Shoppes at North Commercial
Located just inside the OHIO Gate, this historic building offers consumers a wide variety of fair time favorites- including cooking demonstrations, crafts and the latest products to simplify everyday tasks. The Shoppes at North Commercial offer:
Extra large booths:
- 18′ X 15′ – $950
- 18′ X 15′ corner – $1,030
- 2020 North Commercial Floor Plan
One 20 amp electrical circuit is included in space fee for MarketPlace and Shoppes at North Commercial. Additional charges will be incurred if more amperage is needed. Refer to application for services/fees.
Admission Tickets (non-refundable)
All concessionaires and exhibitors are required to purchase admission tickets to access the Fair each day. Single day tickets are $6 each; or a $50 all-fair pass can be purchased. Prices subject to change without notice.
Parking Tickets (non-refundable)
A permit does not insure the availability of a convenient parking space, but grants the privilege of parking in a specified area when space is available. You can purchase one-time entry, General Parking passes for $5 each; or a $40 Reserved North Lot pass. Prices subject to change without notice.
A Certificate of Insurance in the amount of one million dollars listing the State of Ohio as certificate holder and additional insured is required (insurance_sample)
Hours of Operation
All indoor exhibits must be open, operating and adequately staffed from 10 am – 9 pm daily (except the last day when closing is at 8 p.m.); all outdoor concessions and exhibits are required to be open, operating and adequately staffed daily during the hours of 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. (minimum).
The contracted fair decorator can provide furniture, table skirting, carpet, banners, audio visual equipment, forklift and drayage services to assist in your professional display. Please click on the link for a complete decorating packet. Questions may be directed to Expo Services at (740) 454-1201. To download a decorating packet, click here 2020 Decorating Packet.
Camping (Fair Only)
Vendor-only camping information:
Please visit ohiostatefair.com/camping for more information. VENDORS ONLY may begin to make their camping reservations by phone at 614-644-4015 on Monday, May 4. Reservations must be received no later than Friday, May 29. Reservations can be made Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please be prepared to provide your camper length, model, license plate number, tow vehicle information and electrical requirements when you call. Payment is due at the time you make your reservation.
Directions to campgrounds only:
From the North
- Take Exit 112 (Hudson Street) from I-71-S
- Turn right (west) onto Hudson Street
- Turn left (south) onto Summit Street
- Turn left (west) onto 17th Avenue
- Continue on 17th Avenue past Fourth Street toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
From the South
- Take Exit 110 (11th Avenue) from I-71-S
- Turn left (west) onto 11th Avenue
- Continue past all gates onto the Ohio Expo Center grounds
- Turn right (north) onto Fourth Street
- Turn right (west) onto 17th Avenue
- Continue on 17th Avenue toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
All individually-owned or rented golf cart(s) must be registered in the Administration Building Lobby. You must provide proof of auto liability insurance and a valid driver’s license to obtain a Golf Cart Permit. The fee for the permit is $200. Participants operating golf carts without a permit will be subject to a $100.00 non-compliance fee and the $200.00 permit fee. Any participant violating this rule more than twice, will lose their golf cart privileges and the cart will be confiscated by the State Highway Patrol. A limited number of golf carts are available for rent during the Fair. Contact National Carts for additional information.
8899 Memorial Drive
Plain City, OH 43064
On-line reservation form: nationalcarts.com
Customer Service Center: 800-940-8068
National Carts will provide two-seat and utility carts at a rate of $225 for three days or $350 for the 12 days of the Fair. The daily rate before or after fair dates is $21 per day. The on-grounds golf cart rental location is just south of the O’Neill Swine Barn.
* Adobe Acrobat required. Click Here to get the Acrobat player.