Each year, the Ohio State Fair provides nearly a million ways to build your business. Surveys show that 78 percent of our guests visit vendors in our commercial buildings. And thousands stop by booths located on our 400,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit and concession space. What are you waiting for?
To apply for space, download a rental application by clicking below. Do not send money or samples with the application. If you have questions or need further information regarding space rental, please contact Rhonda Lawson firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-466-8346.
- Notice to vendors regarding confederate flags and confederate flag merchandise
- Application Guidelines
- 2018 Printer-friendly PDF Rental Application
- 2018 Rental Manual
- Parking/Facility Map (updated map to be posted at a later date)
Exhibitors and concessionaires from the previous year are usually offered the opportunity to return. New applicants are selected based on uniqueness of products/services, booth design (ability to set a professional and attractive display), application presentation, experience, availability of space and appropriateness of product type for available space. Completing an application does not guarantee space. The application will be held on file until all space is sold. Regardless of the status of the application, applicants are notified as soon as a determination has been made.
Contract and Payment
If you are selected to receive a contract, you will be given two weeks to return the executed contract along with one half of the rental fee. Acceptable methods of payment are, cashiers check, money order, Visa, Discover or MasterCard. Refunds are not given on canceled contracts after June 1. All balances must be paid on or before June 15.
- Camping Information – Please visit www.ohiostatefair.com/camping for more information. VENDORS ONLY may begin to make their camping reservations by phone at 614-644-4136 on Monday, April 2. Reservations must be received no later than Friday, April 27. Please be prepared to provide your camper length, model, license plate number, tow vehicle information and electrical requirements when you call. Payment is due at the time you make your reservation.
- Contract Change
- Credit Card Authorization
- Decorating Packet (coming soon)
- Family Value Day Sign-up
- Insurance Request
- Insurance Sample
- Product List
Local Laws, Rules and Regulations:
As guests at the facility and the city, you must follow all local regulations, which are designed primarily to ensure public safety. You are required to comply with all federal, state and municipal laws and administrative rules, including but not limited to those relating to licenses and permits, property protected by copyright, work hours, work conditions, safety standards and payment of wages and taxes.
- Bedding Permit – Navigate to “find forms and publications,” then select industrial compliance, bedding
- Columbus Public Health
- City of Columbus Storm Water
- Fire Marshal Guidelines
- Minor Labor Laws – Navigate to “find forms and publications,” then select industrial compliance, wage and hour – minor labor
- Ohio Consumer Protection Laws
- Ohio Department of Agriculture, Amusement Ride Safety, Concession License
- Register for a Vendor’s License
- Sales Tax (Electronic Filing)
- Tent Permit
2018 Fair Rental Rates
(Rates are for the duration of the Fair unless otherwise noted)
Outdoor Concession Space:
- $50 per linear ft. deposit
- Concessions – 15%
- $10 per linear ft. for ground service fees
Outdoor Exhibit Space:
- Exhibitors (nonfood and beverage):
- Lineup – $130 per front linear ft.
- Centers – $130 per front linear ft. front of long side
- $7 per linear ft. for ground service fees
Indoor Exhibitor Space
With 152,000 square feet of retail space, MarketPlace is the ideal place to promote specialty items, gifts, fashions or the latest in consumer goods and services. MarketPlace visitors shop in air-conditioned comfort, dine at the International Food Court and visit unique, new exhibits located in the building. This modern facility offers you:
Multiple booth sizes:
- 10′ X 10′ – $800
- 10′ X 10′ corner – $850
- 16′ X 10′ – $1,300
- 16′ X 10′ corner – $1,400
- Bulk Space – $3.75 per sq.ft.
- 8′ back drape, 3′ side drapes
- Exhibitor’s lounge
- Excellent location on the main mallway, directly across from the Celeste Center’s 10,200 seat concert facility.
- MarketPlace Floorplan
Shoppes at North Commercial
Located just inside the OHIO Gate, this historic building offers consumers a wide variety of fair time favorites- including cooking demonstrations, crafts and the latest products to simplify everyday tasks. The Shoppes at North Commercial offer:
Extra large booths:
- 18′ X 15′ – $905
- 18′ X 15′ corner – $985
- Shoppes at North Commercial Floorplan
Cardinal Hall (Heritage Crafts Area)
The Ohio Expo Center’s newest building is home to the Fair’s creative arts exhibits, youth arts, cooking competitions, banquets, special events, the heritage crafts exhibit and more. Booths in a demonstration area (with optional period dress) will be available for sale adjacent to the Creative Arts exhibit, which highlights award-winning crafts, photography, woodworking, cooking, baking and more.
- 15′ x 10′ – $300
One 20 amp electrical circuit is included in space fee for MarketPlace, North Commercial and Handmade Heritage Crafts. Additional charges will be incurred if more amperage is needed. Refer to application for services/fees.
Admission Tickets (non-refundable)
All concessionaires and exhibitors are required to purchase admission tickets to access the Fair each day. Single day tickets are $5 each; or a $50 all-fair pass can be purchased. Prices subject to change without notice.
Parking Tickets (non-refundable)
A permit does not insure the availability of a convenient parking space, but grants the privilege of parking in a specified area when space is available. You can purchase one-time entry, General Parking passes for $5 each; or a $40 Reserved North Lot pass. Prices subject to change without notice.
A Certificate of Insurance in the amount of one million dollars listing the Ohio State Fair as the certificate holder and additional insured is required. To see a sample, click here.
Hours of Operation
All indoor exhibits must be open, operating and adequately staffed from 10 am – 9 pm daily (except the last day when closing is at 8 pm); all outdoor concessions and exhibits are required to be open, operating and adequately staffed daily during the hours of 10 am – 10 pm (minimum).
The contracted fair decorator can provide furniture, table skirting, carpet, banners, audio visual equipment, forklift and drayage services to assist in your professional display. Please click on the link for a complete decorating packet. Questions may be directed to Expo Services at (740) 454-1201. To download a decorating packet, click here (LINK COMING SOON).
We encourage individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations to consider the many sponsorship opportunities that exist with the Ohio State Fair. Whether you are an established company or relatively new, we offer an array of advertising options. Contact Event Marketing Strategies at (614) 792-5600.
Camping (Fair Only)
Vendor-only camping information:
Please visit www.ohiostatefair.com/camping for more information. VENDORS ONLY may begin to make their camping reservations by phone at 614-644-4136 on Monday, April 2. Reservations must be received no later than Friday, April 27. Please be prepared to provide your camper length, model, license plate number, tow vehicle information and electrical requirements when you call. Payment is due at the time you make your reservation.
Directions to campgrounds only:
From the North
- Take Exit 112 (Hudson Street) from I-71-S
- Turn right (west) onto Hudson Street
- Turn left (south) onto Summit Street
- Turn left (west) onto 17th Avenue
- Continue on 17th Avenue past Fourth Street toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
From the South
- Take Exit 110 (11th Avenue) from I-71-S
- Turn left (west) onto 11th Avenue
- Continue past all gates onto the Ohio Expo Center grounds
- Turn right (north) onto Fourth Street
- Turn right (west) onto 17th Avenue
- Continue on 17th Avenue toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
All individually-owned or rented golf cart(s) must be registered in the Administration Building Lobby. You must provide proof of auto liability insurance and a valid driver’s license to obtain a Golf Cart Permit. The fee for the permit is $200. Participants operating carts without the proper permit will be fined for each violation. Any participant violating this rule more than twice, will lose their golf cart privileges and the cart will be confiscated by the State Highway Patrol. To rent a golf cart for use during the Fair, contact:
Mid Ohio Golf Car
2333 Hebron Road
Heath, OH 43056
Mid Ohio Golf Car will provide individual carts at a daily rate of $30 for a two-seater, four-seater and utility for rentals lasting five days or longer. A daily rate of $50 applies to rentals lasting four days or fewer for two-seater, four-seater and utility golf carts. The on-grounds golf cart rental location is just south of the O’Neill Swine Barn.
* Adobe Acrobat required. Click Here to get the Acrobat player.