Baking temperature: 325º F
Baking time: 70 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup pure Ohio honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ baking soda
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Cream together butter and honey.
- Add egg and orange zest; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the creamy honey mixture alternately with the orange juice.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9” x 5“ loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes at 325 degrees.
Source of local honey – Moody Family Apiaries, Mark Moody, Moscow, Ohio