Updated: July 8, 2018
A day of family fun doesn’t have to break the bank. The Ohio State Fair provides endless entertainment at a bargain price. Bring your family of five and spend no more than $100! Here are some quick tips and tricks to a successful budgeted day of Fair fun:
- Buy in advance and save up to 40% on admission tickets and 25% on Midway ride-all day wristbands simply buy purchasing in advance. Get your $6 advance-sale tickets and $20 ride-all-day wristbands (available through July 24 only) online at Ticketmaster or at Kroger today
- Check out the full list of special discount days – like a few when admission is just $3! – to see when you can catch a deal
- Kids under five get in free every day
- Download printer-friendly coupons
- Take advantage of free entertainment such as kayaking, The Nerveless Nocks All American Stunt & Thrill Show and live music
- Have fun!
Families can enjoy free entertainment at a number of different locations around the Fair. Stop by the Main Street or Gazebo stage to catch musicians, comedians, magicians and more. Stroll through the Natural Resources Park or head over to Meijer Kiddieland to visit the petting zoo and other attractions. The Fair also has numerous exhibits to explore offering fun for all ages.
The Ohio State Fair has several discount days to take advantage of. On Wednesday, July 25 enjoy Opening Day with $3 admission until 3 pm. On Thursday, July 26 bring one of the following “wish list” items to one of the booths outside of the gates: new packages of sandwich or snack baggies, kitchen trash bags, aluminum foil, and plastic food wrap or canned food. You will be supporting families at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio, and receive a voucher good for $3 admission before 6 pm. If you spend $100 at Meijer between July 13 and 27, you can show your receipt on Friday, July 27 for two free admission tickets. Sunday, Aug. 5 is Pepsi Day – bring in an empty Pepsi product and enjoy $3 admission before 3 pm.
See how we planned a day for a family of five for just $100
Not attending the Fair on discount days? Don’t worry! We’ve planned a trip to the Fair for a family of five for just $100 for any day of the week!
- Parking – $5
- Four advance gate admission tickets – $24
- One child under five – Free
- Two advance ride-all-day wristbands – $40
- A meal for five, drinks and dessert with printable coupons – $30
- Strolling and musical entertainment – Free
- Petting Zoo – Free
- Family day of fun – PRICELESS
TOTAL = $100
Plan ahead and purchase discounted advance gate admission tickets for $6 online at Ticketmaster.com/ohiostatefair with no order processing fees or at one of our retail outlets including Kroger and participating AAA locations with AAA membership. Save with discounted advance ride-all-day wristbands for $20 online at Ticketmaster with no order processing fees or by purchasing a voucher to be redeemed at the Fair at Kroger stores before July 24.
There is something for everyone at the 2018 Ohio State Fair. For more information, call 1-888-OHO-EXPO, or 1-614-644-FAIR. On the Web, visit us at ohiostatefair.com.
The Ohio Expo Center is proud to host the Ohio State Fair. With big-name entertainment, hundreds of exhibits and one of the largest junior fair shows in the nation, the 2018 Ohio State Fair will run July 25 – Aug. 5.