This year’s Ohio State Fair will include several special appearances by Ohio First Lady Fran DeWine. As First Lady, Mrs. DeWine’s focus is helping Ohio’s children and families, particularly with programs that support early childhood literacy, promote child nutrition, and help maintain healthy families.
Bring your kids and arrive early to participate in one or more of these free special events!
Cooking at the Taste of Ohio Café
First Lady Fran DeWine and other special guests will make fresh, healthy pizzas in the Taste of Ohio Café, at the Ohio Proud Kitchen, in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Agriculture. A few children will assist Mrs. DeWine in grinding wheat, as she talks about how wheat can be made into dough. A limited number of kids can make their own pizza at no cost, while Mrs. DeWine demonstrates the process.
- Wednesday, July 24 at 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Thursday, July 25 at 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Friday, July 26 at 11 a.m.
- Monday, July 29 at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 30 at 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 31 at 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 1 at 11 a.m.
Reading at the Bricker Building
First Lady Fran DeWine will read to children at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services’ booth in the Bricker Building. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy a classic book with Ohio’s First Lady!
- Thursday, July 25 at 12 noon
- Thursday, August 1 at 12 noon
Updated July 22, 2019