Deadline to apply: Saturday, October 12, 2019
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 27, 2019
Each year, the Ohio State Fair recruits college students for paid public relations internships, during which interns can also receive college credit. Interns will be challenged to excel and will receive an invaluable amount of professional experience and generate a wealth of portfolio material in a professional, real-world setting, including writing, editing, pitching stories, setting up interviews for live broadcasts, working in media relations, contributing to social media content, serving as a key contact for media partners and more.
The Ohio State Fair – it is where work meets fun for less than two weeks of summer! Want your freedom most of the summer, but could use a little cash? With 12 days of work while you’re on summer break, you’ll earn money and be able to use your employee badge to visit the Fair as frequently as you like, July 29 – August 9!
Here are the details:
- Most positions are available for those ages 18 and older.*
- Some of the positions we hire include:
- Ticket sellers (cashier experience preferred)
- Ticket takers
- Campinglot attendants
- Shuttle conductors to provide audio tours of the Fair to visitors
- Shuttle drivers
- Traffic control
- SkyGlider platform attendants (assists guests on and off the rides)
- Guest Information Services Booth attendant
*Positions for applicants ages 16 and 17 are very limited.
How to apply for seasonal positions:
It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Download, type and print this PDF employment packet. No printer? Stop in and pick up an employment packet by following the “How to pick up a packet” instructions below.
- Fun fact: this PDF is set up so that once you type information that is needed several times throughout the packet, it auto completes it for you! Not all pages or spaces need to be completed, but all 13 pages must be printed and returned. For check boxes, simply click the mouse over the box.
- Bring your printed employment packet and two forms of ID to our open interviews in June 2020 (dates TBD) from Noon – 3:30 pm in the Ohio Building (see “Open Interviews” information below):
- Photo ID (such as a driver’s license or state identification card)
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Passport (if bringing a passport, you only need this one form of ID)
- Note: job seekers under age 18 must bring a certified copy of their birth certificate.
- Get a job on the spot!
How to pick up a packet
You may pick up an application for Fair positions beginning Date TBD, Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 3:30 p.m. (except state holidays), at the rear southwest door of the Administration Building in the Human Resources office.
Where: Enter the south side of the Ohio Expo Center off 17th Avenue. Ask the gate attendant to direct you to the Administration Building. Applications will be available in the Human Resources office. To enter the Human Resources office, please go to the rear of the building and knock on the door furthest south (closest to the parking lot) with the “Human Resources” sign on the door.
Open interviews for Fair positions will be conducted June 2020 (dates TBD). Interviews will be conducted from Noon to 3:30 pm in the Ohio Building. Jobs will be available all three days during the open interview process! However, no applications will be accepted after June 20.
Where: The Ohio Building is located on the south side of the Ohio Expo Center off 17th Avenue. Ask the gate attendant to direct you to the Ohio Building.
For more information on these job opportunities, candidates may call the Ohio Expo Center Personnel Office at (614) 466-6520.
The Ohio Expo Center is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.
For permanent positions go to http://careers.ohio.gov/.