Homebrew Competition Information
Registration will open May 1
Deadline to enter: May 19, 2020 (11:59 p.m.)
Bottled entries must arrive: Tuesday, June 2 through Friday, June 5 (8 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily by drop-off or shipment)
Competition date: Saturday, June 6, 2020
Go to ohiostatefairhomebrew.com for competition guidelines and to enter your beer, mead or cider for Ohio residents and active members of Ohio homebrew clubs. If you have any questions about the competition or the registration process, please email Competition Coordinator, Brett Chance, at email@example.com.
Homebrew Judges – Our competition is a Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) sanctioned event. Many of our judges participate in the BJCP program, but we also have judges who are not in the BJCP program. If you are a BJCP judge, or if you have homebrewing experience and are familiar with at least some styles, please register to judge at ohiostatefairhomebrew.com by clicking on the “volunteer” tab. If you have any questions about the registration process, or if you are an out-of-town judge needing hotel accommodations, please email Brett Chance at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19 so that reservations can be made.
Homebrew Stewards – Stewards assist judges by getting beers from the beer cooler and helping to organize score sheets for each entry. It’s a fun way to learn how a competition is run and good experience if you ever have interest in becoming a judge. If you have are interested in serving as a steward, please register at ohiostatefairhomebrew.com by clicking on the “volunteer” tab or by emailing Brett Chance.
2018 Winners announced
The Ohio State Fair Homebrew Competition celebrated its 23rd year with 579 judge beer, mead and cider entries from Ohio homebrewers and any homebrewers from neighboring states who are active members of an Ohio homebrew club. Congratulations to our winners!
- Best of show – Craig Davis (Columbus, Ohio) – Czech Premium Lager
- Runner-Up Best of Show – Edward Mack (Marshallville, Ohio) – Alternative Sugar Beer (Maple Red Ale)
- 2018 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2017 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2016 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2015 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2014 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2013 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2012 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2011 Homebrew Competition Results
- 2010 Homebrew Competition Results