- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 12-15 dill pickle chips
- *1/2 tsp. dried dill (for extra flavor, increase to 1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- *Optional, for extra flavor: add salt, such as 1/4 tsp. seasoning salt
- Cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola
*Thanks for the tips from Cameron Fontana!
- Heat oil in a small pan over low to medium heat. Oil temperature should reach approximately 350 degrees.
- While oil is warming, prepare other ingredients.
- Add ½ cup flour to a bowl; set aside.
- Mix Panko, dried dill and garlic powder in a second bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a third bowl; set aside.
- Place dill pickle slices in a single layer on a plate lined with a paper towel. Press another paper towel on top of the pickles, pressing firmly to dry pickles thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
- Dredge each pickle in flour, then egg, then Panko mixture.
- Using tongs, gently place each coated pickle slice to the hot oil. Fry each one until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Carefully remove from hot oil, placing on a rack or a plate lined with a paper towel.