More information about your favorite Fair foods
With nearly 200 vendors, there’s something for every appetite at various locations across the grounds. Special dietary options are also available. Whether you’re searching for one of the 32 different foods served on a stick, farm-fresh fruit and veggies, gluten-free options, or one of the two dozen different deep-fried delicacies, there’s a wide variety of food available at the Fair. Use the widget below to search for your favorite food!
- WNCI Food Highway – Located under the SkyGlider, the WNCI Food Highway features plenty of delicious Fair foods from delicious barbecue to sausage sandwiches to deep-fried treats.
- Taste of Ohio Café presented by Ohio’s Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net – Sit down for a locally-produced meal or a glass of Ohio beer or wine in this air-conditioned facility and attached patio. Meals are served by the Ohio farmers who raise and grow the food that feeds our world. Ohio’s agricultural commodity groups housed in the building include: American Dairy Association Mideast, Ohio Cattleman’s Association, Ohio Grape Industries Committee, Ohio Pork Producers Council, Ohio Poultry Association, Ohio Sheep Improvement Association and Ohio Craft Brewer’s Association.
- MarketPlace International Food Court – International cuisines including Chinese, Mexican and Italian are housed in the center of the MarketPlace building, a 3.5-acre air-conditioned facility.
Can it be fried? Here are some of the dozens of deep-fried food items available at the Ohio State Fair:
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Candy bars (Snickers, Three Musketeers, Milky Way)
- Cheese curds
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Cookies (Oreo, Nutter Butter)
- Cookie dough
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Gummy bears
- Mashed potatoes
- Macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Strawberries and cream puffs
- Sweet corn
- Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, okra, onion rings/blossoms, peppers)
Gluten-Free at the Fair
For anyone following a gluten-free diet, there are plenty of options you can still enjoy when you visit the Ohio State Fair. Don’t forget to ask individual vendors about the risk of cross contamination or gluten exposure for kitchens that may serve items that do contain gluten. Fairgoers with gluten sensitivities and intolerances should use judgment in consuming Fair foods.
- Corn and corn products – Roasted sweet corn and other products made with corn (Such as tacos, nachos and taco salad) can be safe bets when avoiding gluten.
- Dole Pineapple Whip – This favorite treat has the smooth taste of soft serve ice cream with no dairy and no gluten.
- Dippin’ Dots – Dippin’ Dots ice cream is gluten-free, but some of the add-ins do contain gluten. All of their products are made in a facility that also contains milk, eggs, tree nuts, wheat, soy and peanut products, so be aware of cross contamination and avoid flavors with add-ins.
- French Fries – French fries are usually gluten-free, so if you’re looking for a yummy fried option at the Fair, this is a great bite to try! However, make sure you ask vendors about cross contamination. If French fries share a fryer with gluten containing foods, those with serious gluten intolerances or celiac disease should avoid this option.
- Frozen Drinks – Most syrups for slushies, sno cones, and Kona Ice are gluten-free.
- Ice cream – Ice cream is a great option for those with gluten intolerances. Many vendors at the Fair serve delicious flavors that can help you cool down in the hot Ohio sun. Make sure to ask vendors about cross contamination and avoid flavors like cookie dough.
- Iced Tea – Ohio summers are warm, so cool off with this gluten-free beverage.
- Meat – Whether you love special-recipe steak on a stick, chicken, mouthwatering ribs (including those sauced up by JP’s Barbeque and Famous Gabby’s Inc.), slow-cooked pulled pork, turkey legs, sausage or moist tenderloin, meat options are usually safe bet for those avoiding gluten.
- Pizza – Select pizza vendors, like T&E Concessions, can make gluten-free crusts upon request (bonus: they also use as much organic produce as possible, making it easy to top your pizza with fresh ingredients)
Either by choice or requirement, there are many dietary restrictions: gluten-free, low calorie, keto, etc., and our vendors have diet-friendly options available for you. Search our food options at the ohiostatefair.com/food to find options that work for your diet either before you visit or while you’re at the Fair.