- 1 package refrigerated jumbo biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp. butter
- Cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola
- Heat oil in a small pan over low to medium heat. Oil temperature should reach approximately 350 degrees.
- While oil is warming, remove biscuits from canister.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt 5 tbsp. butter, set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit and cut into six pieces.
- Roll each biscuit piece into a ball, pinching any seams to seal well.
- Using tongs or a spoon, gently add dough pieces to hot oil. Fry each one until golden brown, being sure to brown all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes. Bubbles should appear around the edges of the dough.
- Carefully remove from hot oil.
- Place each ball in melted butter, then coat in cinnamon sugar.
- Repeat for each donut hole.