The Ohio Expositions Commission was established in 1961 when the Ohio General Assembly passed legislation creating a new governing body for the Ohio Expo Center. Prior to 1961, the State Board of Agriculture oversaw the Center. The Commission maintains and manages state property reserved for the purpose of conducting at least one Fair annually.
The Commission comprises 14 members, (nine of whom are appointed by the Governor), plus five ex-officio members: the Agricultural Chair of the Ohio Senate, the Agricultural and Natural Resources Chair of the Ohio House of Representatives, the Director of Development, the Director of Agriculture and the Director of Natural Resources.
Of the nine Commission members appointed by the Governor, no more than five may be from any one political party. Expiration of appointed terms is staggered to ensure the continuity of the Commission at all times.
- Michael Curtin
- Andrew Doehrel (Chair)
- Rose Hartschuh
- Representative J. Kyle Koehler, House Agriculture and Conservation Committee Chair
- Cathann Kress, College of Food, Agricultural & Environmental Sciences Dean
- Angela Krile (Vice Chair)
- Lizabeth Lafferty
- Mary Mertz, Ohio Department of Natural Resources Director
- Lydia Mihalik, Ohio Development Services Agency Director
- John Page
- Dorothy Pelanda, Ohio Department of Agriculture Director
- Angela Petro (Secretary)
- Doug Preisse
- Senator Tim Schaffer, Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee Chair
- Virgil L. Strickler, Ohio Expo Center & State Fair General Manager
Tentative Upcoming 2021 Commission Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021