The Ohio State Fair has everything you need to take a break during the work week and enjoy quality entertainment. Visit today, Wednesday, July 30 to see what the Fair has in store:
- QFM96 Fair Attitude Wednesday: All fairgoers will enjoy $5 admission all day.
- Mattress Firm Day:Double your deal! Pick up a voucher at any participating Mattress Firm store throughout the state and receive one free admission with the purchase of one $5 admission on Wednesday, July 30 only.
- Heart / Joan Jett and The Blackhearts:After debuting in the 1970s, Heart proved women could rock when sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson took the stage. They topped the charts with hits like “Crazy on You,” “Barracuda” and “What About Love,” among many others. Heart will be joined by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. The “I Love Rock N’ Roll” rockers are fronted by Joan Jett, a rock guitarist, singer, songwriter and producer. Rock out at this performance in the WCOL Celeste Center at 7 pm. Tickets are $36 and include Fair admission if purchased prior to arriving at the Fair.
- Ohio State Fair Signature Ice Cream: Try a scoop of the newest Velvet Ice Cream flavor, Blueberry Sweet Corn! The winning flavor was submitted by Lori B. of Delaware, Ohio, and is only available at the Ohio State Fair.
- 4-H Fashion Revue:Talented 4-H seamstresses and designers will showcase their fashion masterpieces in categories including sportswear, formalwear, sundresses and jumpers, outerwear and middle school fasion, among many others. The revue will run from 9 am to 6 pm in the Rhodes Center.
- Schmidt’s of German Village Anniversary: Schmidt’s of German Village celebrates their 100th year as an Ohio State Fair vendor this summer. As the oldest continuous restaurant participating at the Fair, Schmidt’s has sold more than 860,000 cream puffs, 1,050,000 sausages, 200,000 frankfurters and 260,000 pounds of sauerkraut. The All-Ohio State Fair band played birthday tributes to founder George F. Schmidt for nearly 80 years and now continues the tradition by playing “Happy Birthday” to his son, John Schmidt. This year, the band will serenade the family today at 10:30 am.
- Ryan Smith: Ryan Smith is a singer / songwriter from Columbus. He writes, performs and records acoustic-based, Americana music, with six albums and numerous singles to his credit. Catch his free performance at noon and 2 pm at the T-Mobile operated by Wireless Vision Gazebo Stage.
- The Arts:Stroll through the Cox Fine Arts Center presented by Ohio Magazine for a children’s tour, learn what it takes to be a beekeeper in the DiSalle Creative Arts Center presented by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores or sit in on a scroll sawing demonstration in the Heritage Crafts Building presented by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
- Livestock: Support Junior Fair members by attending the regional junior Dorset sheep show in the Brown Sheep Building. Draft horse shows are also taking place in the JD Equipment Taft Coliseum.
- Grascals:The Grascals are among the most beloved and acclaimed bands on today’s bluegrass scene, having won the Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass Music of America’s Bluegrass Band of the Year award in 2010, its Instrumental Group of the Year three years in a row (2011, 2012, 2013), the International Bluegrass Music Association’s Emerging Artist of the Year award in 2005 and earning its Entertainer of the Year honor in both 2006 and 2007. Catch this free performance at 4:20 pm at the Natural Resources Park amphitheater!
- Dairy Feeder Calf Show:This new competition gives junior livestock exhibitors the chance to show pure-bred Holstein, Red and White, and Brown Swiss dairy calves born in February or March of 2014. The calves, weighing between 300 and 600 pounds, will not be sold following the competition and may be entered in county or other livestock competitions following the Ohio State Fair. The show begins in Cooper Arena at 9 am.
The Ohio State Fair provides the perfect midweek break. Visit us today! For more information, call 1-888-OHO-EXPO or 1-614-644-FAIR.
The Ohio Expo Center is proud to host the Ohio State Fair. With a spectacular midway, big-name entertainment, hundreds of exhibits and one of the largest junior fair shows in the nation, the 2014 Ohio State Fair will run July 23 – August 3.