Time flies when you’re having fun, and this year’s Fair certainly has been the Fairest of them all! Hopefully everyone has enjoyed the many amenities the Fair offers, but if you haven’t had a chance to enjoy the Fair yet, hurry on over today to end the Fair on a high note!
Though the Fair is ending, there is still plenty to do today:
- Pepsi-Cola Day:Bring any empty Pepsi-Cola brand product to a booth outside the entrance gates for a $3 admission voucher for every member in your party before 3 pm.
- Sale of Champions Livestock Auction:The Ohio State Fair Sale of Champions consistently garners some of the highest bids of any state fair in the nation. It will take place at 2 pm in the WCOL Celeste Center and is free to attend.
- Classic RPM:Classic RPM’s renditions of classic 50s, 60s and 70s rock ‘n’ roll will have you on your feet and dancing at 11 am and 1 pm on the MetroPCS Wireless Main Street Stage presented by CD102.5.
- Willie Phoenix: A historic and pivotal figure in the Columbus music scene, Willie Phoenix has been described as a “raging guitarist with a ton of attitude.” The former A&M recording artist is a prolific songwriter who pens moving, soulful, rock, pop and reggae-influenced songs with infectious hooks that emerge as the tastiest of bluesy rock n’ roll. Catch his performances at 5 pm and 7:30 pm on the MetroPCS Wireless Main Street Stage presented by CD102.5.
- Catherine Hickland: She may best be known for her role as Lindsay Rappaport in “One Life to Live,” but she is also an acclaimed hypnotist and hypnotherapist who can put on a powerful, entertaining, family-friendly, hilarious show. If you have not seen her show yet, this is your last chance! She will be performing throughout the day at the MetroPCS Wireless Main Street Stage presented by CD102.5.
- Youth Arts Awards Ceremony:Come celebrate with the youth as all of their hard work is recognized in this award ceremony from 4pm to 5 pm in the Cox Fine Arts & Youth Arts Center presented by Ohio Magazine.
- Cheerleading & Dance Competition:The Buckeye Sports Center will host this fun, upbeat AmeriCheer and AmeriDance competition from 8 am – 5 pm.
- Ohio Christian Association Music Showcase: Talented Ohio musicians will perform Christian songs at the ShowPlace Pavilion at noon, 3:30 pm and 7 pm.
We hope everyone enjoyed the many attractions at the 2014 Ohio State Fair, and if we don’t see you today, we will see you next year!