2021 Ohio State Fair is closed to the public
COLUMBUS – As announced in April, the 2021 Ohio State Fair will not be open to the public, and will instead focus on agricultural and educational competitions for exhibitors, their families, and their guests.
Many of the typical things associated with the Ohio State Fair will not be in place in 2021, such as rides, concerts, entertainers, and live music. For those exhibitors and guests in attendance, there will be a limited number of on-site food options.
During this year’s limited event, certain designated times with special events or photo-worthy activities are recommended for media attendance:
- Monday, July 19, 2021 (10 a.m. – Noon) – practice riding in arenas for junior horse show.
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.) – Ohio Expositions Commission meeting at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, July 31, 2021 (1 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.) – breeding livestock shows underway; *Breeding Grand Drive Brought to you by Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau Federation at 4 p.m.
- Friday, August 6, 2021 (7 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.) – Ohio Ag Council’s Ohio Agriculture Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Saturday, August 7, 2021 (1 p.m. – 6 p.m.) – most market livestock shows completed; *Market Grand Drive Brought to you by Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau Federation at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 8, 2021 (11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) – All other events have concluded and the only remaining events are the Ohio Expositions Commission meeting at Noon and the **Ohio State Fair Sale of Champions Livestock Auction at 2 p.m.
Media RSVP Required:
If you would like to attend during one of these windows, media must RSVP to Alissa Belna-Muhlenkamp at A.Belna-Muhlenkamp@expo.ohio.gov. Please be sure to provide arrival time, outlet, email address, and phone number.
Media credentials must be shown to parking attendant upon arrival, where you will be met by a media escort.
*At the conclusion of the week of breeding shows and the week of market shows, youth animal exhibitors will wrap up with a special new “grand drive” events at which finalists from various species compete for champion titles during the final drive. The events raise awareness of the hard work and continued effort that each of these dedicated youth exhibitors. Grand Drives will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube. Streaming information will be available at ohiostatefair.com/live.
**Satellite coordinates will be provided for media outlets wishing to pick up the feed from the Ohio State Fair Sale of Champions, which will be streamed on the Ohio Channel, at ohiochannel.org, and on social media.
Digital Content Available:
A digital collection of fair favorites introduced last summer continues to be available at ohiostatefair.com/anywhere, including:
- Copycat fair food recipes with easy-to-follow videos for items like deep-fried Oreos, fried pickles, walking tacos, lemon shake-ups and pineapple whip
- A Mountain Dew Virtual Midway with rider point-of-view videos via YouTube
- Spotify playlists featuring Fair concert performers by the decade
- Tried-and-true, best-in-the-state blue ribbon recipes such as peanut butter cookies, blueberry muffins, chocolate chip cookies, fudge, lemon pound cake and more
- Seasons 1 and 2 of the Ohio State Fair podcast, “A Fair to Remember,” chronicling the people behind the Ohio State Fair – with episodes like “Feelings Were Still There,” telling the stories of couples who fell in love at the state fair, or “Roy’s Joy,” about Roy Pollard, the State Fair’s beloved shuttle conductor with his own loyal fairgoer fanbase
- YouTube playlists to take you behind the scenes with the sculptors of the iconic butter cow, agricultural education beyond the barn, performances from the fair’s musicians and entertainers, the beauty of the fair’s Natural Resources Park and more
The Ohio State Fair will return next year, July 27 – August 7, 2022.
– 30 –