A new and exciting way to safely enjoy fair favorites
From Wednesday, July 29, through Sunday, August 9, Ohioans can enjoy their fair favorites from the comfort of their homes. “Ohio State Fair Anywhere: An Online Experience” will provide Ohioans with recipes, butter cow content, music, entertainment and daily programming on the Ohio Channel featuring past fair experiences.
A digital collection of fair favorites is available at ohiostatefair.com/anywhere, including:
- Copycat fair food recipes with easy-to-follow videos for items like deep-fried Oreos, fried pickles, walking tacos, lemon shake-ups and pineapple whip
- A Mountain Dew Virtual Midway with rider point-of-view videos via YouTube
- A “Shop the Fair” page to shop online from dozens of the Ohio State Fair’s vendors with a variety of products like jewelry, clothing and pet products, including DIY deep-fried buckeye kits from the Bulk Candy Store and a commemorative Ohio State Fair t-shirt from Homage
- Spotify playlists featuring Fair concert performers by the decade
- Tried-and-true, best-in-the-state blue ribbon recipes such as peanut butter cookies, blueberry muffins, chocolate chip cookies, fudge, lemon pound cake and more
- Seasons 1 and 2 of the Ohio State Fair podcast, “A Fair to Remember,” chronicling the people behind the Ohio State Fair – with episodes like “Feelings Were Still There,” telling the stories of couples who fell in love at the state fair, or “Roy’s Joy,” about Roy Pollard, the State Fair’s beloved shuttle conductor with his own loyal fairgoer fanbase
- YouTube playlists to take you behind the scenes with the sculptors of the iconic butter cow, agricultural education beyond the barn, performances from the fair’s musicians and entertainers, the beauty of the fair’s Natural Resources Park and more
- A Facebook Live Spin-To-Win contest with Marathon Pipe Line on Aug. 1 at 1 p.m. will give away prizes including Apple Airpods, Apple Watch, Breville® Espresso Maker, Ring Doorbell, Three-Piece Wicker Patio Set, Home Movie Projector with Screen, iRobot® Roomba, KitchenAid® Mixer, Propane Fire Pit with Rocks and Cover and a grand prize featuring a Weber® 3-Burner Propane Grill, Weber® Grill Cover, Weber® Grill Accessories, $100 Omaha Steaks Gift Card, and a YETI® Tundra® HaulTM Portable Wheeled Cooler.
- The chance to complete a fun Lottery Fair BINGO card (with spaces like “Spoke to Smokey Bear” and “ate something deep-fried”) for the chance to win prize packages daily including Ohio Lottery Scratch-Offs, Ohio Lottery merchandise, admission tickets and Mountain Dew Midway ride wristbands to the 2021 Ohio State Fair.
- A #BackToSchoolWithKroger giveaway for a chance to win a $300 Kroger gift card to Kroger for sharing a photo with a teacher or honorary teacher (like a parent or guardian)
- Giveaways for Pepsi prize packs for sharing photos of pets using the hashtag #PepsiDogDays and a pair-a-Pepsi comment to win contest on Facebook
Ohioans will be able to tune into the Ohio Channel at noon each day, July 29 through August 9, to view Ohio State Fair coverage from previous fairs. The Ohio Channel is broadcast on WVIZ / PBS Ideastream in Akron/Cleveland, WOUB in Athens, WCET in Cincinnati, WOSU in Columbus, WPTD / Think TV in Dayton and WGTE in Toledo. A complete channel list is available at ohiochannel.org/programs/channel-locator.