Today is Oatmeal Cookie Day, and we’re celebrating with this prize-winning recipe from the 2015 Ohio State Fair. Celebrate the day with a tried-and-true, blue-ribbon recipe!
Chewy Good Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe by Cheryl L. Adkins, Bloomingburg, Ohio
First place, Cookies and Pastries (Molasses Cookie), 2015
Baking temperature: 350 degrees
Baking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 ½ dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup. white chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup (4 oz.) chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually beat the oat mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls two inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on pan for two minutes; remove to wire racks to continue cooling.