Pull out those cookie cutters and sprinkles – it’s time for a blue-ribbon holiday treat!
No-Chill Cutout Cookies
Donna Waites, Franklin County
2011 Blue ribbon recipient
Division 3105 (Cookies & Pastries), Class 4 (Decorated cookie)
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
your favorite decorator frosting
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder, then gradually add to the butter mixture and blend well.
5. Form the dough into a smooth ball. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Cut out with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 6 minutes, a little longer for thicker cookies, but they should not get very brown.
7. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
8. Decorate as desired when cool.
Thanks for the great recipe, Donna!