2017 Media Information
Media Contact Information
Credential registration – required for Fair access
We welcome the chance to work with your station or publication. Registering for the Ohio State Fair is easy for members of the media:
- Complete the credential registration form at http://bit.ly/OSFMedia17
- Email a list of staff members who will cover the Fair to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax (on letterhead) a list of staff members covering the Fair to 614-644-4031
We kindly request that all media that are provided an admission ticket submit a press clipping or audio/video clip within two weeks of the closing of the Fair. Failure to provide proof of coverage may result in loss of media center privileges.
Fair descriptions by word count
Need a blurb? Here are a few brief Ohio State Fair summaries for various word lengths.
- 25 Words – Get ready for the Ohio State Fair, July 26 – Aug. 6! The Fair features entertainment, animals, education, food, rides, competitions, music, arts and more.
- 50 Words – Get ready for the Ohio State Fair, July 26 – Aug, 6, a family tradition since 1850! Enjoy activities including interactive education, entertainment stages, a fine arts show, a free petting zoo, sporting events, animals, performers, agricultural competitions, exhilarating rides, horse shows, an 8-acre natural resources park and much more!
- 75 Words – Get ready for the Ohio State Fair, July 26 – Aug. 6, a favorite family tradition since 1850! Enjoy a variety of activities including interactive education, free entertainment stages, a petting zoo, a fine arts show, sporting events, a farm animal delivery room, roving performers, agricultural competitions, fun rides, horse shows, an 8-acre natural resources park with free kiddie fishing and much more! Come hungry – the Fair offers goodies from nearly 200 food vendors!
- 100 Words – Get ready for the 164th Ohio State Fair, July 26 – Aug. 6! Enjoy a variety of activities including interactive education, sporting competitions, a fine arts show, free stages with wholesome kids’ entertainment, a farm animal delivery room, a free petting zoo, helicopter rides, roving performers, agricultural competitions, horse shows, a natural resources park and much more! The Mountain Dew Midway features more than 60 exhilarating rides, while Meijer Kiddieland is home to rides geared toward parents riding with small children. You won’t be able to resist all your favorite Fair goodies from any of the nearly 200 food vendors.
Attention Media: Please register to receive press releases
Please sign up to receive customized news and information below:
With a mix of special competitions, big-name entertainment, exciting rides and thousands of kids and animals, the Ohio State Fair offers 12 days of continuous feature and news story opportunities. It is essential to receive information about the Ohio Expo Center and State Fair. Our current news release distribution system will allow users to specify what information they wish to receive.
We welcome the chance to work with your station or publication. Registering for the Ohio State Fair is easy for members of the media. Either or email or fax us (on station/publication letterhead) a list of staff members who will cover the event to email@example.com or 614-644-4031.
We request that all media that are provided an admission ticket submit a press clipping or audio/video clip within two weeks of the closing of the Fair. Failure to provide proof of coverage will result in loss of media center privileges.
The Media Center
The Media Center will be located in a trailer adjacent to the OHIO Gate on 11th Avenue. The Ohio State Fair Media Center will be operational from 7 am – 8 pm or by appointment. All members of the media should check in here before entering the Fair. Our staff will be available to check you in and provide you with Fair admission.
Please note, we will only distribute admission passes to members of the media attending the Fair for business purposes.
For your convenience, the Media Center will provide a phone, internet access and an air-conditioned room for you to work. Water, Fair schedules, feature ideas and assistance obtaining interviews will also be provided by the marketing and public relations coordinators.
There are approximately 25 parking spaces at the media center. This area offers the most accessible parking. If the media lot is full, you will be routed to Pavilion Parking just inside Gate 9 or the North Lot (off of 17th Avenue).
A few golf carts will be kept at the media center and can be used for transportation of equipment on a first-come, first-served basis. For liability reasons, carts can only be driven by Ohio State Fair employees. Access to the Fair on carts is limited to the golf cart path, which travels the Fair’s perimeter. No carts are allowed in pedestrian areas. The Ohio State Highway Patrol will enforce this policy.
WCOL Celeste Center Media Guidelines
The only way to guarantee a seat for a paid concert is to purchase a ticket. All review seat requests must be coordinated through each individual artist. Review seats will be distributed from the WCOL Celeste Center box office at the discretion of the artist. We request that publications send a clip of their review to the marketing / public relations department within two weeks of the show.
Still and Video Photography Policy
All still and video photography requests for concerts in the WCOL Celeste Center are subject to the approval of each artist’s management team. If your station or publication wishes to send a photographer or videographer to a concert, please contact the Marketing & Public Relations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Your request will be forwarded to artist management for review, and you will be contacted once your request has been reviewed.
If approved, a member of the public relations staff will meet and inform you of the artist’s photo policy at the WCOL Celeste Center. Each artist’s policy is different. Still photographers will be escorted to designated areas either near the stage or the mezzanine per each artist’s policy. Videographers will be escorted to a press box at the base of the mezzanine. The public relations staff will advise photographers when the allotted time for coverage is over. All members of the media will then be escorted out of the WCOL Celeste Center unless they hold a ticket for the show.
Interviews and Backstage Policy
All interviews and backstage passes must be arranged through the artist’s management. The Fair public relations staff can provide contact names and phone numbers upon request. Please notify the public relations staff office of what arrangements have been made prior to the show date.