Last Chance to Enter our Fun and Friendly Competitions!
The Ohio State Fair is getting closer, but there is still time to register to win a scholarship or blue ribbon in countless categories! Between arts and crafts, baking, livestock, culinary, sporting and more competitions, there is something for everyone, so don’t hesitate to enter!
Registration for many competitions closes soon, so secure your chance at winning a blue ribbon today. Remember, you can’t win if you don’t try!
- Scholarships – High school juniors, seniors and graduates who are continuing their education at an accredited institution in an undergraduate course of study in a field of their choice are eligible to apply. Applicants will be judged on scholastic standing, citizenship and leadership, Ohio State Fair participation, county fair participation and financial need. Scholarships will be awarded to junior exhibitors during the Ohio State Fair.
- Arts & Crafts, Antiques & Fashion – There is something for everyone with hundreds of different competition classes and thousands of dollars in prizes! Enter your best sewing, quilting, fashion, jewelry, leather, needlework and more. Get wild and wacky when you enter the Brillo pad art contest, which offers free supplies for your creations!
- Cooking, Baking and Decorating – Think you make the best pie in town? Put your baking skills to the test by entering your best home-made goods in the Fair’s various classes of culinary and baking competitions that offer thousands of dollars in prizes.
- Livestock – Some of the Ohio State Fair’s livestock classes include beef, dairy cattle, llamas, rabbits, sheep, poultry, goats and swine. Anyone can participate in the open classes, but junior classes are open only to Ohio 4-H and FFA members. Late entries (with late fees charged) are accepted through the Fair.
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Floriculture – Show us your gardening skills by entering your home-grown flowers, fruits and
- vegetables in the Agriculture and Horticulture competitions at the Ohio State Fair. Other categories for competition include floral design and Christmas trees.
- Horse Show – Equine lovers can participate in several classes, including Percherons, Belgians, Clydesdales, Shires, Hackneys, American Miniature Horse, American Show Pony, Shetlands, Haflingers and Saddlebreds. Open classes are available for everyone to participate.
- Junior Dog Show – A variety of canines and their companions will show off their skills in this annual show.
- Junior Horse Show – Ohio’s young equestrians will compete for the state’s top honors in a variety of classes and competitions.
- Baton – Since 1966, baton twirlers have twirled their way to victory at the Fair. See if you have what it takes enter one of the Fair’s many classes including various struts, solo, duets/pairs, two/three batons and freestyle/rhythmic twirl.
- Boxing – The tournament, with classes for everyone, is held under the sanction of the Ohio Association of USA Boxing. It’s sure to be a big hit!
- Cheer and Dance – Teams from all over the state will perform their cheer and dance routines as they compete for top titles in this AmeriCheer event.
- Wrestling – With a large number of age divisions for men, women and children, there’s no match for this folkstyle and freestyle competition. Fairgoers will be pinned to their seats while watching the excitement.
- Sunburst Beauty Pageant – Will you or your child be named the next queen or king? Every participant receives a crown and trophy!
- 5K Run and Walk – Experience the Ohio State Fair from end to end as you walk or jog your way past rides and animals at one the most unique 5K routes you will find. The Ohio State Fair 5K is on Sunday, July 27. All participants receive free Fair admission and parking, a SkyGlider ticket and a goodie bag. Enter online, http://www.ultrafit-usa.com/#!ohio-state-fair-5k/cbhw, in advance for $30 or on race day for $35.
Good luck to everyone! We can’t wait to see you at the Ohio State Fair, July 23 through Aug. 3!