Ohio State Fair Entertainment Marketing Internship
Paid, real-world experience
Deadline to apply: February 19, 2018
Prefer a printer-friendly PDF? Click here.
What you’ll do
The Entertainment Marketing Coordinator will jointly work for both the entertainment director and the marketing director at the Ohio State Fair, spending their time in both departments working on a variety of tasks such as:
- Assisting with event and competition organization including:
- Coordination of the annual homebrewed beer competition to be held on Saturday, June 2; additional extended hours may be required on the following days: Saturday, July 14, Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22
- Arranging details for special events held during the Ohio State Fair such as Opening Ceremony, the Pork Rib-Off, etc.
- Complete administrative and clerical tasks as needed such as maintaining databases for ticket distribution, communicating with entertainers, developing a list of photography needs for the Fair’s photographer
- Work backstage at big-name concerts assisting with numerous tasks from crowd control to production
- Assist with concert marketing by developing and implementing social media, email and other marketing techniques to sell concert tickets to appropriate audiences
- Help to coordinate daily parade during Fair by writing parade scripts and selecting and communicating with daily parade marshals
- Coordinate the Fair’s community program, which distributes complimentary tickets to organizations serving those in need
- Assist with entertainment reporting using Ticketmaster tools
- Assist with media relations during the Fair, pitching stories and escorting members of the media throughout the grounds to cover stories
- Populate the Fair’s website using the WordPress backend content management system
- Current college sophomores, juniors and seniors are accepted. Ideal majors include public relations, communications, journalism or marketing.
- Candidates should be organized, self-motivated and reliable.
- Ideal team members will be personable and able to work well both independently and as a part of a group.
- Candidates should respect deadlines, be detail-oriented, conscientious and know how to follow through.
- Experience using software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.). Desktop publishing or design software experience, such as using Adobe InDesign and Canva, is a plus.
- Superb grammar and writing skills are desired.
When you’ll work
- Hours: Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm in May, June and July. You will be required to work shifts on Saturdays, July 14 and 21, and Sunday, July 22, 2018.
- Start date: TBD based on school schedules; no earlier than May 7. The entire internship cannot exceed 14 weeks.
- Extended hours during the Fair: During the 12 days of the Fair, July 25 – August 5, 2018, extended hours will be required (at least a 14-hour shift each day.) Interns cannot take time off during the Fair.
Apply by Monday, February 19, 2018
To be considered, please send your résumé to Brett Chance, Ohio Expo Center, 717 E. 17th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt is Monday, February 19, 2018. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Contact Alicia Shoults