Camping (during the Ohio State Fair only)
We are pleased to share that there will be some exciting changes for the camping reservation process for the upcoming 2017 Ohio State Fair. We plan to communicate with all of our campers by sharing updates via email.
Highlights for 2017 – make reservations beginning May 1
- Reservations will be required for all campers. Walk-up camping will not be available.
- Each person may make no more than two (2) site reservations.
- Beginning May 1, camping reservations will only be able to be made online or by phone. Mail, fax and email reservations will not be permitted. The online reservation system will give you the ability to choose your exact camping spot! The appropriate link and phone number will be posted here once available.
- Camping will be available at a nightly rate of $50; there is not a flat-rate for the full duration of the Ohio State Fair.
- Check-in and check-out times will be enforced for all guests to ensure a smooth process and site availability for those making reservations. Check-in time is 3 p.m.; check-out time is Noon. Guests who do not move their camper by the required check-out time will automatically be assessed a $100 penalty.
Book your reservation beginning May 1, 2017
- Book online (link coming soon)
- Call 866-510-9838
- Interactive maps on the camping website will tell you which spots are available for the dates you would like to visit. However, if you want to get an advance look at a map of all or our camping locations, including sizes, any obstructions, and amenities, please click here to download the map.
Haven’t heard from us? Sign up to receive camping emails here!
2017 Ohio State Fair Campground Rules & Regulations
2016 Ohio State Fair Campground Rules & Regulations
- Each person may make no more than two (2) site reservations.
- Reservations are for the individual who placed the reservation and their associated camper/vehicle only for the length of time necessary. “Subleased” spots, in which the individual making the reservation allows a third party to later occupy his or her spot after he or she exits the Ohio State Fair, are strictly prohibited. This means that individuals cannot make a reservation, stay for a portion of the leased time, pull out and then let his or her friend pull in. Violators may be towed and prohibited from booking future camping reservations at the Ohio State Fair.
Hours and check-in/check-out
- Campground is open from July 18, 2016 to August 7, 2016.
- All campers must vacate campground no later than 6 p.m. August 8, 2016.
- Check-in time is 3 p.m. If RV/camper will be late on arrival, they must notify the camping office at 614-644-4136 no later than 6 p.m. on the day of check-in. Otherwise, the reservation will be forfeited the following day and an automatic one-night charge of $50 will apply. The remaining reservation amount will be refunded to the original form of payment.
- Check-out time is Noon (12 p.m.). All campers must exit the campgrounds no later than Noon on their scheduled departure date. Violators will be towed. Please see below for information on extended stays.
- If a camper learns that extra time is needed and their site is booked for another guest, the RV/camper must be removed from initial site and will be directed to the primitive North Lot area at a rate of $20 per day if another campsite is not available. If their site is not booked, additional nights may be able to be added at the original rate of $50 per day.
- The campgrounds will be patrolled. If a purchased spot is found to be vacant or being leased to another camper fraudulently using another owner’s permit and reservation, both violators may be prohibited from booking future camping reservations at the Ohio State Fair.
- No call, no show results in automatic one-night charge of $50, with remaining reservation amount refunded to the original form of payment.
- Campers must notify the camping office at 614-644-4136 of cancellation of reservation no later than 24 hours prior to your reservation’s scheduled start time in order to receive a full refund.
Permits and accompanying vehicles
- Permits will be provided by camping lot attendant.
- Permits must be visibly displayed in window of RV/camper.
- Each site is permitted one vehicle parked with their RV/camper.
Pets and animals
- Dogs/cats are permitted. All dogs/cats must be on a leash according to Franklin County Leash Law and accompanied by owner when outside. All dogs/cats must be kept in RV/camper when owner is not on camp site premise.
- All guests must clean up after their own pet(s).
- Livestock, including horses, are not permitted inside the campground at any time.
- Guide dogs are the only animals permitted throughout the fair.
Prohibited items and activities
- TENTS ARE PROHIBITED–We are strictly RV-type camping only.
- Charcoal grilling is permitted.
- Absolutely NO fire pits / bon-fires, etc.
- Absolutely NO pools or water sprinklers of any kind permitted.
- NO dumping of gray or black water on the grounds–all violators will be ejected from the premises without a refund.
- Unmanned aircraft systems (Drones) are PROHIBITED in the campground and throughout the fair.
- The possession or use of Segways/hoverboards is strictly prohibited.
- You must be a licensed and insured driver to operate any motorized vehicle including golf carts, scooters, 4-wheelers, cars and trucks. Patrons with golf carts/four wheel devices must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Ohio State Fair including permits, which are issued in the Finance Office of the Administration Building. Violators will answer to the Ohio State Highway Patrol on the premises.
- No bicycles are permitted to be ridden after 10:00am within the grounds of the Ohio State Fair.
- No skateboards are permitted within the grounds of the Ohio State Fair.
- Please dispose of trash in the provided receptacles.
- A shower house is located in the Korbel North campground.
- A shuttle stops near Gate 10 and the Korbel West Campgrounds approximately every 20 minutes between 10 am and 10 pm to take campers throughout the grounds of the Ohio State Fair (July 27 – August 7 only).
Please report any unlawful activity!
Directions to campgrounds only
From the North
- Take Exit 112 (Hudson Street) from I-71-S
- Turn right (west) onto Hudson Street
- Turn left (south) onto Summit Street
- Turn left (east) onto 17th Avenue
- Continue on 17th Avenue past Fourth Street toward the Ohio Expo Center.
- The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.
From the South
- Take Exit 110 (11th Avenue) from I-71-N
- Turn left (west) onto 11th Avenue
- Continue past all gates onto the Ohio Expo Center grounds
- Turn right (north) onto Fourth Street
- Turn right (east) onto 17th Avenue
- Continue on 17th Avenue toward the Ohio Expo Center. The campgrounds gate, Gate 11, will be the first gate on your left.